With COP26 climate summit well underway, we wanted to take a moment to reassure our customers of the efforts we're making to offset our environmental impact.
Here at HLS, we are passionate about keeping people safe working at height and safeguarding our environment for future generations.
Recently we shared info on how to prevent workplace accidents. And choosing the right equipment and keeping it in good working condition is critical to this. But we’re working towards fewer emissions too. That creates a safer environment for all of us in the future.
We do this by:
- Converting, refurbishing & recycling equipment to extend its lifespan
We have been doing this for the last 18 months and will be working with the main manufacturers to further improve the outcomes of current uneconomic/unsupported (parts) equipment.
- Reconditioning and refurbishing batteries to reduce toxic landfill waste
We are currently launching this service in selected areas.
- Moving to clean energy equipment including mechanical/non powered, electric and lithium-based
- Sourcing locally where possible and reducing carbon cost if produced overseas
Our own brand Hugo Lift’s main parts are manufactured/assembled locally and we are working with the supply chain to reduce the carbon footprint of production.
- Remaining paperless & recycling our packaging to save the trees
Our move to paperless administration was completed in 2020
- Reducing our carbon footprint from commutes & site visits to below 50%
If you want help moving your operations to a greener footprint through clean energy working at height equipment or with the support of our reconditioning programmes; let’s talk about that. We think it’s vital we make green changes now so we have a safe working future.