Step ladders are an essential piece of work at height equipment but in order to choose the correct ladder to suit your needs, you will need to consider the differences - pros and cons of the various types to choose from.
Step ladders - when using a step ladder the maximum standing height is 3 steps (includes the top) down from the top of a swingback stepladder. These should be used for short duration tasks typically of no more than 30 minutes and light works e.g. carrying small tools and materials.
Platform step ladders, or sometimes referred to as platform ladders, provide a work platform for the user to work on. There is a safe platform provided at the highest intended standing level which provides a stable base for a variety of jobs. The platform locks the ladder in place and is self-supporting which also creates a good deal of additional balance when upright.
Compared to traditional ladders, some models of platform steps provide additional stability which reduces the need for a second person to foot the equipment. This has an added advantage right now in support of COVID-19 social distancing.
Platform Step Ladders vs HLS 360 Platform Step Ladders
In this blog we will look at the standard platform step and how it compares to the more sophisticated, HLS 360 platform step. Understanding what sets them apart from each other – will help you make an informed decision when purchasing your next ladder.
Platform Step Ladders
- Short duration tasks (no longer than 30 minutes)
- Suitable for light material handling tasks
- Designed for single-sided access to the work area
- One hand needs to be placed at the
- Handy for day to day simple tasks such as changing a light bulb
- Light and easy to manoeuvre
- The user can place one hand on the ladder for stability when working
- No space for storage of tools on the platform
- Low cost: from £100 +
HLS 360 Platform Step Ladders
- 360 degree working platform - 550m x 400mm - user can work side or end-on
- Enclosed platform on three sides for safety - users can work for longer than 30 minutes
- Glass fibre frame with aluminium treads
- Aluminium handrails as standard
- Folds flat for storage and transportation
- Insulated and non-conductive when in use
Optional Items include
- Tool tray provides extra storage space on the platform
- GRP handrails
- Detachable handrails
- Transport wheels
- Platform gate
- Security webbing strap
- Cost from £400
Our team is ready to help any business or organisation seeking advice on how to prepare to re-open effectively. To speak to one of our work at height specialists call 0113 287 8446 or email email@example.com.