Food manufacturers face a number of problems when looking at how to manage working at height, Read on to see how HLS could help you.
According to the HSE Ladders were the largest cause of falls from height in the food manufacturing industry. There are a number of factors to consider when managing working at height in your factory or workplace. HLS have created a checklist to help ensure you are complying with the Work at Height Regulations:
- What equipment is most suitable for each specific working at height task?
- Has a suitable risk assessment been carried out for work at height?
- Are the correct risk control measures in place?
- Is the user suitably trained? Are all people working at height fit to do so?
- Has the equipment been inspected, tested and maintained in accordance with Working at Height Regulations?
By assessing each of the items on the checklist employers can reduce the risk of fines and their associated costs, as well as increasing productivity. These are just a handful of things to consider, HLS look to help companies comply with all relevant legislation as well as improving safety and productivity in the workplace. If you would like to receive more information please contact us today: