HLS have put together five reasons to invest in access equipment, to help you create a safer more productive workplace.
1. Employers can improve safety and employee welfare by investing in good access equipment. Helping reduce the impact of employee ill-health, wellbeing issues and improving absence rates
2. Around 49% of all tasks at height were carried out weekly or on a more frequent basis, which illustrates how integral tasks carried out at height are to the smooth running of our offices, shops, hospitals, schools and universities. Ensuring employers have good, effective equipment to complete their work in the safest, most efficient manner.
3. Costs could be massively reduced for employers, especially those working at height or with dangerous machinery. Avoiding the costs associated with work related injuries; illness; increased insurance premiums; absences; sick pay; overtime; loss of a contracts; and legal bills makes sound business sense.
4. Our research found that around 90% of all working at height tasks observed were performed at some point using ladders or unofficial forms of access. Reducing this over-reliance on ladders and unofficial access is a key way for employees and employers to reduce the risk, lost working days, and nuisance factors including musculoskeletal issues, caused by poor manual handling and working at height practices.
5. It allows you to meet current HSE legislation and guidance. By ensuring good practice and a positive culture of health and safety companies reduce the risk of reputational or financial damage, and promote good employee relations.